Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ngc1333 - wrong place/wrong time..

ChrisLX200

How many subs in total? Sigma rejection will clear them up nicely if you have got enough...keep these subs and collect more if you haven't got enough (> 10 subs at least)...no sub is ruined due to a tiny satellite trail if you have enough subs...

Attached is one of my recent stacks (the "rejection" information) of about 45 subs...no way am I throwing all them away, each trail is on a different sub...It still produced this image with no sign of the trails whatsoever:

http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/250512-4-hours-almost-wasted-on-vdb-150/

post-27141-0-46003200-1444832206_thumb.p

A good sigma clip will zap those. I say a good one because, on the same data (WItchead, nototrious for satellites) Astro Art 4.0 failed but AstroArt 5.0 did for them.

AA also has a superb filter called 'Remove Line.' You mark each end of the line and click. Thin ones disappear, thick dead columns are greatly mitigated. Those would vanish.

Great object, but difficult.

Olly

I had a similar issue with M33 some time ago, it just happened to be in that part of the sky heavilly populated by satellite orbits. I just know if I tried again tonight the same thing will happen so I'll wait a month until it's moved out of the way. This is 14 x 900s Luminance subs, just an average stack and I've not really bothered to process it other than a simple stretch. I'll wait, get some more data and try a sigma clip. Thanks :-)  Tonight I'm going to try for first light with the 8"RC.

ChrisH

I had a similar issue with M33 some time ago, it just happened to be in that part of the sky heavilly populated by satellite orbits. I just know if I tried again tonight the same thing will happen so I'll wait a month until it's moved out of the way. This is 14 x 900s Luminance subs, just an average stack and I've not really bothered to process it other than a simple stretch. I'll wait, get some more data and try a sigma clip. Thanks :-)  Tonight I'm going to try for first light with the 8"RC.

ChrisH

And into the path of a different bunch of satellites :grin:

Archived