Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Attaching a 130P tube to a Skywatcher Synscan Alt-Az mount

I want to try a GoTo mount with my 130P OTA, currently mounted on an EQ2 using tube rings,  but cannot see quite how the tube attaches to a Synscan mount - all the pictures show the wrong side!  Where and how does the dovetail fit?  There are no mounting points on the tube itself, apart from the finderscope mount.  Does that mean my tube can't be used in this way?  A photo would be very helpful.

Thanks

Are you wanting to put your OTA from off a EQ mount and attach it to an Alt-Z goto mount ? or do you want to mount it to an EQ3 \ EQ5 SynScan mounts ?

If its the latter, just Take your existing rings\dovetail and put it onto the 'new' saddle, if its the former, I'm not sure, but aren't their saddles are 'on the side', so just put your dovetail there ?

I cant be specific but the synscan type mounts require a vixen style dovetail fitting I am not sure whats on the scope at the moment but the tube rings should be able to be used with one of these http://www.firstlightoptics.com/skywatcher-mounts/skywatcher-dovetail-mounting-plates.html and then be compatible with the new mount.

Alan

The 130P tube rings bolt directly to the eq2 mount so it doesn't have a dovetail.

To use it on another mount you need a dovetail that will suit that mount and that the tube rings can be bolted to.

I made on out of a piece of hardwood cut into the appropriate shape with two holes drilled into it.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived