SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have the data capture nailed for sure - Now it's just the processing :)

I always find that my first iteration of the image takes it too far, so I leave it on the PC desktop for a few days and continue to tweak a little from there. I often find that I restart and then end up adding certain bits that I like from the original process and blending that with a more subtler approach later on (although some would say that my approach is far from subtle :D

I think that after a while you get a feel for how far you can push things and what looks over processed. I am certainly one for not posting straight away in a wave of excitement as that will often be over cooked! 

Makes sense that.....I've had the data for a week or so and as it happens; I changed my pc monitor between my first attempt and the over cooked version!!!

I definitely agree that going back to it will almost certainly give a different perspective and the monitor change did not help!

Having said that, there is an area down on the left side ic1795 that has what i see as a little smily face embedded in there.

After the help I received from Martin and Chris; I was able to use that area to better judge how far to push it, the rendition I saw definitely looked better than mine.

If that makes sense!

Ray

You have the data capture nailed for sure - Now it's just the processing :)

I always find that my first iteration of the image takes it too far, so I leave it on the PC desktop for a few days and continue to tweak a little from there. I often find that I restart and then end up adding certain bits that I like from the original process and blending that with a more subtler approach later on (although some would say that my approach is far from subtle :D

I think that after a while you get a feel for how far you can push things and what looks over processed. I am certainly one for not posting straight away in a wave of excitement as that will often be over cooked! 

Yes, but your images have attitude. They have something to say. Don't lose that!

Olly

Archived