Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New Refractor??

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the skymax 127. It is brilliant for lunar and planetary. For DSO, it performs ok. If you can get to a perfectly dark sky site, then it's performance should be acceptable. For example, m57, you can make out. It isn't the best view (my 10" dob blows this out of the water) but you can make out the object. Andromeda can be seen seen, but nothing more than a 'poof' as I like to call it. Think whispy cloud spot. Solid scope, yet limited for DSO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do plump for the Tal100rs,then you'll probably be quite pleased with the finder that all ready comes with it as standard.

It has certainly received plenty of praise here.

Agree with this the finder scope is very good and I do like the crosshairs , great purchase btw I'm sure you'll love it.

I think it will be the TAL, I have found some in stock. Its speaking to me, which the newts aren't doing in the same way (In the future I will probably have both :D).

Quick question, I have a nice finderscope I want to use with a Skywatcher shoe, can this be made to fit the TAL in some way?

Great choice, I'm sure you'll be happy with it. The finder is of good quality and equally important, so is the bracket.

Arrived Today for RotherValley optics :D. And its cloudy.... typical. I will try the finder, it seems good aligning it up, however I did read somewhere that the skywatcher shoe will fit in the holes already in the tube, so that may be an option. The screws under the focuser are a bit fiddly, tiniest of turns makes a big difference, leading to the focuser tube extending and banging to maximum travel, luckily no diagonal or eyepiece in so no weight or damage. 

Focuser feels very nice, looking forward to actually using it! 

Archived