NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finderscope view - Cassiopeia

ChrisLX200

Just a bit of fun - the viewpoint from my finderscope (a mono GPCAM with 6mm lens). I'm pointing at the Pacman currently, Cassiopeia is easy to see, as is M31 off to the right. I'll leave it to you to figure out the limiting magnitude of what it shows :-)

Pacman%20Finder_zpsmqxeo2vh.jpg

ChrisH

Looks like you have very nice dark skies.

They're not bad most of the time, but this is pointing quite low to the East (you can just make out the top of my hedge on the bottom of the image :-) ) Up at the zenith is much better.

ChrisH

I reckon you're right 8-9 or thereabouts. Original looks better (sharper) on my screen because PhotoBucket does strange things sometimes. I should have use .png format to upload.

I should have said, this is a10s exposure so only refreshing 6 times per minute, but that's enough to spot passing clouds, aircraft and satellites. I drop it to 3s when I need to see exactly where it's pointing to avoid trees etc.

ChrisH

Archived