Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

synscan v3 handset update lead

astronymonkey

Low cost leads of evay are hit and miss; i think mostly miss. I have nonidea why, but several of us have tried and failed. You seem to meed a reasonable quality one. I doubt anyone will have a spare.

If you are a member of an astronomical society or club no doubt someone will have one. Else maybe ask someone tonpost you theirs and return it asap.

James

With this cable, I don's see why you should go for anything else but cheap. It uses three wires for a basic serial protocol, there's no logic or level converter involved or high frequency transfer that would require special shielding, etc. You can build one yourself from an old phone cord and a serial cable.

You'll probably need an additional USB-RS232 converter, though, provided you don't have a rathe rated computer that still has a RS232 port?

Thanks guys but my computer knowledge is pretty poor, its basically the lead from the handset to the computer which is a rj-11 to rs-232 lead ...... but are all the leads standard so a cheap one will do ?

But ..... is there not a rj-11 to usb lead which I can buy rather than having to get a rs232 to usb converter ?

Thanks folks

Archived