Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A 1000 post Open Cluster

MattJenko

I wondered what to post for my move from Proto Star to the Dwarves. I decided against publishing my brand new process for creating Lunar images, as that needs to wait until I come up with one. I also disregarded a rambling long post describing my journey from rank amateur to half decent, as I would be embarrassed.

In the end I decided to post my latest image, which whilst not my most visually appealing, it is my most technically proficient to date. From plate solving, to automated filter changing with autofocus, to the best guiding I have ever achieved, resulting in rather nice tight stars for my setup.

All that I want to add is a massive Deneb sized thank-you to all those people on here who have helped me. You are all ace.

M38. Skywatcher ED80, Atik 414ex, HEQ5. 18 x 2mins RGB. Larger version on astrobin.

168d88e9b679ab0f7aa9f2da51b5d658.620x0_q

Archived