Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon 26-Sep-2015

maltrabob

Hi, yesterday I had my second go at the Moon. I used a C9.25, Canon 1100D and NexImage CCD (the very first, old one). All images are single shots at prime focus.

First I tried my 1100D with a Moon and Skyglow Baader filter. Final image is a mosaic of a few images stitched in ICE. Auto adjust color, sharpen and resize functions were then used in IrfanView.

IMG_3235_stitch_small.jpg

My second image is a mosaic of a few individual shots using 1100D with 2x Barlow. Not much could be done about this one as the magnification was quite high and I had to be really quick to capture the Moon moving fast out of my field of view. My telescope wasn't tracking as I haven't mastered it yet so "manual" movement using hand control in one hand was performed every time I wanted to track the Moon while holding a wired shutter release in my other hand ready to take a shot :-).

Still002_stitch.jpg

And finally, my first mosaic of individual shots taken with my old Celestron NexImage CCD camera (aka Philips webcam lol). AMCap software was used to capture images and the resolution of images was set to 320x240. I believe I used 30fps but couldn't process them as I had no tracking so was capturing stills only.

IMG_3251_stitch_small.jpg

Overall I am quite pleased with the results considering I had no traction of the Moon. Really can't wait to see what can be achieved with a stacking method.

Clear skies everyone and set your alarms or you will have to wait another 30 years :-))).

Archived