Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Sun 26-Sep-2015

maltrabob

Hi, my second attempt at the Sun, single shots at prime focus. A bit better than yesterday but still unsatisfactory to me. Really need to start using that stacking software to cherry pick the best shots for me.

Four single shots stitched together using ICE, Auto adjust color and resize in IrfanView. Canon 1100D 1/2000 @ ISO100.

IMG_3186_stitch_small.jpg

Resized detail with sunspots from the image above.

IMG_3186_spots.jpg

Sunspot 2422 in detail using 2x Barlow, single shot (1/100 @ ISO100).

IMG_3221_small.jpg

And one more image, using OIII filter (1/125 @ ISO200).

IMG_3217small.jpg

Hi and thank you for your comments.

James - I am using x5 or x10 digital zoom during LiveView preview on camera display trying to focus as good as it gets. Just moving a focus knob a bit, then waiting a few seconds till vibrations die out, checking display to see if I am happy with the result and repeating the procedure if necessary. Then zooming out back to a normal view in LiveView and starting taking pictures. I am also using a wired shutter release to avoid vibrations but you can use camera's timer in case you don't have that wired release. Hope it helps.

Archived