Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury 6th May

AndrewP

Did anyone get to see Mercury last night just to the lower left of the crescent moon? It was admittedly quite tricky being dim and in the murk but I was at flying at 4000' and got a pretty good view. It's only the 2nd time I've ever seen it!!

I'll try and get a picture whilst I'm flying tonight.

Yep :angry: - saw it last night and manged to get it in the eyepiece at 175x before it dropped below the hedge. It looked like a very small gibbous disk to me.

Then had a quick look at Mars, a longer one at Saturn and 4 of its moons before a quick glance at the ground at my feet to make it 4 planets and 5 moons in the space of 30 mins.

Great stuff !.

John

Andrew

I managed to find it last night sandwched between mine and the next door neighbours roof so to speak.

If I get a clear patch over the next few evenings I am going to try and grab an image as it appeared quite bright in the binos.

Geoff

Glad it wasn't just me then!! Sadly, I couldn't get an image last night, sorry :angry: I should have got one on the 6th!

Had a look at stellarium and with the weather it should be good to observe over the next few days until about the 12th.

Archived