Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2017 eclipse again...

bish

Hello all,

Is there anybody planning on going to the USA in 2017 who has booked hotels already? I don't know whether the hotels are taking bookings yet, or maybe are already booked up in certain areas (eg near Yellowstone).

Thanks

Hi,

I'm from San Francisco and my local amateur astronomy club set up an early-booking arrangement with one of the hotels near Teton Village, Wyoming. But you have to be a member of the club to book the hotel early. So yes, I think some hotels are booking already. You could call around and see if any hotels are booking early for the general public? They must be expecting people to want to plan ahead, so maybe some of them will accept reservations.

Personally I was thinking of camping, but i'm afraid of taking that risk and then have all the sites fill up quick since it's a first come first serve  :icon_pale:

Hope you're able to book a room soon!

Hi,

I'm from San Francisco and my local amateur astronomy club set up an early-booking arrangement with one of the hotels near Teton Village, Wyoming. But you have to be a member of the club to book the hotel early. So yes, I think some hotels are booking already. You could call around and see if any hotels are booking early for the general public? They must be expecting people to want to plan ahead, so maybe some of them will accept reservations.

Personally I was thinking of camping, but i'm afraid of taking that risk and then have all the sites fill up quick since it's a first come first serve  :icon_pale:

Hope you're able to book a room soon!

Hi Shelby,

Thanks for your reply. I will make some calls over the next few days and see what they say. I expect the hotels around the national parks of Wyoming will be in much demand. There are some spaces on package tours from the UK (although they will probably fill quickly), but that becomes more expensive. Perhaps I should just hire a campervan and park up on the side of the road for it. Fingers crossed for clear skies - even though it's 2 years away!

Archived