Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M71 M57 10-09-2015

todd8137

Not a great night but wanted to re trace some old favs seeing was ok but soon dropped of the 16" dob always delivers

M71

After one or two pans I find this with no probs and m71 can take power well but I prefer lower power

M57

It is what it is easy to find never fails to tickle me it never looks good in sketches

post-9980-0-11586300-1441961995_thumb.jp

post-9980-0-61621400-1441962009_thumb.jp

I've found the smaller PN's can take a little moonlight and LP, this was sketched from home with moderate LP with my old 12".

Hi Mike you sketches always blow me away ,I was over the house view this last night a little wobble was there but looked ok tonight's of we have rain for cast hope not

Pat

We've just had a week of clear skies but the actual transparency has just been average to poor so not great for DSO's.

I don't know about you but when I look back through some of my sketches some are obviously more accurate than others.

My M57 sketch was one of my better ones I think, I can remember very clearly its slight oval shape that Michael mentioned and inside it had an almost mottled like appearance...Stunning!

I seem to have done far more poor sketches than good ones IMO but I'II have a bit of fun going back over them and trying to improve! :)

We've just had a week of clear skies but the actual transparency has just been average to poor so not great for DSO's.

I don't know about you but when I look back through some of my sketches some are obviously more accurate than others.

My M57 sketch was one of my better ones I think, I can remember very clearly its slight oval shape that Michael mentioned and inside it had an almost mottled like appearance...Stunning!

I seem to have done far more poor sketches than good ones IMO but I'II have a bit of fun going back over them and trying to improve! :)

Hi mike with it being at ad small in the ep and no torch I drew what I saw but I have plenty of time to improve on it

Pat

Hey Pat take a look at my M71!! Looks almost like a completely different object to your sketch but I remember this night suffering from really bad transparency and it was also observed from home with moderate LP.

I've actually seen a couple other sketches of M71 which is kinda similar. Hope you don't mind me showing my sketches, I just kinda think its quite cool to compare. :)

post-20821-0-33852000-1441968878_thumb.j

Archived