NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sadr region from Kelling Heath

michaelmorris

I really like these wide field shots Michael - they really bring home the majesty of the night sky in a way a close up brings home the awe in all the detail and fiery goings on in the heart of a nebula :-)

I wouldn't dream of critiquing your work but (...and now he's about to lol) I would really like to see this with some star reduction to bring out the nebula more? That would be cool.

Really well done - I'm heading up tomorrow :-)

David

I really like these wide field shots Michael - they really bring home the majesty of the night sky in a way a close up brings home the awe in all the detail and fiery goings on in the heart of a nebula :-)

I wouldn't dream of critiquing your work but (...and now he's about to lol) I would really like to see this with some star reduction to bring out the nebula more? That would be cool.

Really well done - I'm heading up tomorrow :-)

David

Hi David

There is already quite a bit of colour saturation enhancement to make the Ha areas stand out more. I think the best way to enhance the Ha detail would probably be adding some Ha data into the red channel.

My god, it's full of stars!

That's a cracking image. One can visualise the dark bands of foreboding behind the nearby stars but obliterating the light from the more distant parts of the Milky Way. I've just looked it up, and, very roughly, the stars in front of the rift are less than 300 light years away. Never realised the dust in the rift was so close.

Martin

Archived