NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Frame fixing screw bit

Tinker1947

As far as I know they're just called "screwdriver bits for a bit brace".  I bet they're almost unobtainable these days.  I wonder if you could get a bit brace to hex drive adaptor to take standard hex drive screwdriver bits?

James

I found a few flat screwdriver bits on ebay, but I didn't see a pozidrive one anywhere (nor even a philips, come to that).

It's rare to see someone use a bit brace these days.  I'm sure I have one somewhere, but I've probably not touched it in a decade.

James

I found a few flat screwdriver bits on ebay, but I didn't see a pozidrive one anywhere (nor even a philips, come to that).

It's rare to see someone use a bit brace these days.  I'm sure I have one somewhere, but I've probably not touched it in a decade.

James

I have a couple and a rolled up bag of auger bits, there a bit old fashioned now but for putting frame fixers in there's nothing better.....

Quicker and stronger , plus the full thread allows for accurate positioning and adjustment unlike frame fixings or long screws.

Brilliant for fixing plates to walls and the like , eliminating messy resin fixings and as there's no expanding plug (or shell as in a rawlbolt) you can fix close to the edge without fear of blowing the concrete/brick.  

If they're good enough for fixing railway track to concrete sleepers they're good enough for me ...  :p

Anybody know a source for this type of Screw bit, it fits into the chuck of a Brace, very handy for tightening 10mm frame fixing....does anybody know what there call....Thanks in advance...

20150824_1340351.jpg

Where do you put the battery in that  :grin:

Dave

Where do you put the battery in that  :grin:

Dave

It uses a sealed-for-life rechargeable battery.  Attempts at replacement by the end user aren't recommended, even those with well-stocked workshops :)

James

Archived