Now I think I have a Perseid :)

Many thanks for the great item written by Pete Lawrence   I have had another more informed attempt at the Perseid's tonight. I thought I would use a slightly longer lens than my normal fisheye, so I tried my 24-105mm.   I also wanted to try an old "Barn Door" that I had been given at Christmas.  Lining up  Cassiopeia and Perseus, I started shooting - 200 plus shots later, I am fairly sure I got one, definitely coming from the right area plus it has a nice green tail -   EXIF was  10" at ISO 6,400 at 24mm.

The other shot is a combination of 10 x 30" exposures to show one of tonight's ISS passes (8-15mm at 8mm, 1Dx, ISO 6,400 at f/5.6). This and the meteor were shot from Little Haldon above Teignmouth, Devon.

post-45469-0-86810100-1439251263_thumb.j

post-45469-0-52951600-1439251275_thumb.j

very nice images,it looks like you have got one of each,

bob..

Archived