Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tracking Issue (Eqmod ! )

Hi all,

I'm having an issue, re Eqmod (at least that's where i think the prob is !). 

I have a win7 laptop, with PHD2 and Eqmod installed, that is used solely for guiding, 

However, when i start Eqmod, tracking, whether it be (Solar, Lunar or Sidereal)  it always stops tracking after about 30 /45 secs, as you can probably imagine, this has become a big headache.

Phd2 seems to be working fine,

I have done a complete re-installationof Win 7 , and other software ( Eqmod and Phd2 ) .  I have no issues connecting to my equipment  (ie - mount and Qhy5-11)

Any pointers as to where my problem might be, would be very welcome.

Thanx in advance, 

Andy

Hi

Thalestris24

Sorry i should have said that i am connected from the laptop to a Powered Hub, from the hub i connect to the mount via an Eq-dir cable and the Qhy5-11.

Anyway, having just come in, from a rebuild of just about everything  :) i have isolated the problem to the hub, there seems to be an issue when both mount and guide cam are connected to it.

This i have rectified by running long cables individually, as a temp solution.

So far, mount is happily tracking  :)

looks like i'll be blowing the dust out of the wallet again  lol

Thanx for all the input and help

Andy

Andy,

That's unusual for a powered hub not to be able to support the high bandwitdh a camera may require, and the commands sent to the mount.  I'm no expert, but I think that once EQMOD has sent the the goto data and tracking rate to the mounts controller board, the board takes over tracking.

Make sure any USB cable over 5m is an active cable rather than a simple direct wired cable... this will reduce the chances of any loss

Archived