Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Firecapture & Windows 8.1 problem

Yesterday I used my new Windows 8.1 laptop for the first time in conjunction with DMK21 & PST to image the sun and was really pleased with the matt display and brightness. However, when I was using Firecapture 2.4 and upping the brightness by increasing gain or exposure to enhance the prominence the image would get bright for a second but then get dimmer - down to a more normal brightness for surface features. The actual gain and exposure numbers didn't reduce and you could still change them so it wasn't on auto. I tried IC Capture and that worked fine. I also tried the camera & Firecapture on a PC running Windows 7 and that seemed OK as well. 

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Don

For the benefit of others I'll post the solution that I found  to the problem.

It was related to the auto setting - but not the one in Firecapture but the one in IC Capture which I had been using as my camera is a DMK21. It seems that the Firecapture must be reading the IC Capture config file so that dependent on what setting you had IC Capture on when you closed it that was overriding the Firecapture settings. The solution was to make sure that IC capture was not on auto when I closed it.

hth soe

Don 

• 3 months later...

I also had the problem where when I was using Firecapture 2.4 and upping the brightness by increasing gain or exposure to enhance the prominence the image would get bright for a second but then get dimmer. I had not actually even installed IC Capture on my new laptop just Firecapture. I guess the default must be "auto exposure" on when the driver is installed?

So I have just installed IC Capture and turned it off via that programme, checked Firecapture and its now off!

The SGL members come to the rescue again :grin: THANK YOU! 

Archived