Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

if phd does not guide I am seriously quitting

beamer3.6m

Im being serious when I say that I am near the limit of my patience.

My setup:

130pds

heq5 (black version)

Qhy5 finder guider

I used the polar alignment feature in the handset to vet ut close but I cannot pass the calibration in phd2 or 1.

I have set the calibration size thing to 3000 and it completes the west/east within about 20 steps each.

It then spends an age clearing the backlash. It has failed at this point or taken 60 steps etc but if I get past this the north calibration fails as not enough movement.

The other day I passed all these steps but it said ra/dec angle not appropriate? Or that the dec steps need to be increased but increasing them did nothing.

The scooe is well balanced.

Help or im selling it.

You mention the scope is well balanced, PHD works better when both axes are slightly off balance. My heq5 mount needs a little off balance and my observatory cge needs alot of off balance for phd to stabilise guiding. Now both mounts calibrate quickly and sometimes are just about flatlining on the graph.

Archived