NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Astrozap Dew heater Tapes & Controller

Stridor

I have just been reading Kerry Lewis` topic `Astrozap Heated dew Shields` which made me think about my AZ Dew Heater Tapes & Controller. I have never been certain whether they are working or not, even from day one (well night one actually!). I`m sure someone can tell me how `warm` they get, I have never noticed any warmth from them at all; I have put this down to the fact that they are usually removed from an essentially cold SCT tube!?  I bought them from FLO who are always without fail 100% supportive and helpful, but as yet have not put my querie to them.

They only heat up to slightly above the ambient temperature, so I don't think it will be that obvious that they're on :D

Do you have eny issues with dew when using them, if not they are working. the scope acts as a big heatsink and will draw most if not all heat from the strip

Just switch them off you will soon find out !!!

Derek

Thanks for the info; I suspected they probably were ok, just needed a bit of reassurance. :rolleyes:

If you try them out in the house and off the scope, I think you will find that they get quite hot.  Both of mine do - at least they do now.  I bought a Kendrick strip for my ED80 and, for some time, I was never convinced that it was getting warm.  In the end I stripped it down and discovered that there was a bit of metal that had not been properly crimped down.  A quick press with a mole wrench and the band started becoming hot.

I was a bit disappointed to find such shoddy work on what was an expensive tape.

Archived