NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Planetary processing chaos

Saturn is definately an interesting planet to photograph.

I prefer your second processed image, although you should tone down the color a bit.

I agree with Michael, you may need a few more frames.

All in all a good start. :smiley:

1st of all thank you for looking and advice, Michael I only had 3069 total frames and chose the best 90% but, I had to image before it went into a tree. Being disabled, my handicaps make it take a while to get it from center crosshair in the finder to hitting on the sensor. I keep working at it and maybe go ahead and stack with some of my better data included from previous cooler nights, the humidity was in the upper 80% on this night. Practice , practice and practice some more.

Stepping Beyond,

I think I would set the number of frames back to around 50%. I have a CPC 1100 and I've tried higher %'s but ended up finding for my setup 50% worked the best. Below is a capture from the end of April this year. 2 minute of data, stack of 50% of  6007 frames. R channel only. Poor seeing here in PA so far this year. Like you said, practice is the key! Clear skies.......

post-43082-0-35660300-1436469118.jpg

Coming along nicely!

Yep I agree with idea of more data - my best image was best 10% of 24,535 frames. (thats 5 x 2 minute 50 fps MOV files joined and converted to AVI in PIPP)

Also I think it must be best to do RGB align before wavelets or anything other processing - because otherwise you're trying to enhance misaligned colours.

Archived