Removing dark bands in mosaic

Davey-T

Starting a new thread to save hijacking Johns.

Tried various tutorials using median filter and other methods but can't seem to get rid of the dark bands on the joins, any advice welcomed.

Just put this together in Autostitch.

The individual frames have the same level but the overlaps come out darker.

Dave

post-21198-0-25271900-1436189629_thumb.j

I normally get something like this when I forget to load the flat file in AS!2. Having just made the flat it seems unnatural to have to load it again so I'm always forgetting even though aware of the problem. If you are sure the flats have been applied then I am puzzled.

Dave

I normally get something like this when I forget to load the flat file in AS!2. Having just made the flat it seems unnatural to have to load it again so I'm always forgetting even though aware of the problem. If you are sure the flats have been applied then I am puzzled.

Dave

Think so, can't remember now as I did them a couple of days ago, by the time they've been through PIPP, AS2, ImPPG and PShop I'm suffering software overload  :grin:

Be good if AS2 could add something to the file name indicating if they'd been flatted, a bit like Maxim does or Imppg puts "out" on the end.

Dave

take an eraser tool around the edges of each panel in photoshop/gimp prior to stitching, try make it a bit wobbly makes the stitching programme think, that is providing there is enough overlap, I have had that trick work and also mess up so don't overwrite the data, create new files

take an eraser tool around the edges of each panel in photoshop/gimp prior to stitching, try make it a bit wobbly makes the stitching programme think, that is providing there is enough overlap, I have had that trick work and also mess up so don't overwrite the data, create new files

Tried that, still get dark joins :)

Dave

Are you stitching before or after stacking?

An artificial flat can help. Copy the layer, blur it with a heavy Gaussian blur (you want to blur all details except the darker edges). Open Curves and then select "Darker RGB" from the dropdown. Do this twice. Go back to your original layer (it helps if your flat is below the active layer). Go to the menu bar >Image>Apply Image. In the Layer dropdown in the new window select your new flat layer. Change the blend mode to Subtract and the Offset to around 40. Play around with the transparency a bit. Select OK. You will have to reset the levels after this, but it can do a good job.

Archived