Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan EQ5 Power Supply

Hi, can anyone help with this? I need a mains supply for the GOTO but I'm a little unsure what to get. I don't really want to buy the official one if I can help it. Does the ampage need to be 5A? I have 12v supplies already but the ampage is lower than that. Also the 2.1mm plug doesn't seem to be standard? There are a few on Amazon but I'm not sure if they are suitable like this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Generic-Power-Supply-Splitter-Cable/dp/B00C676JNM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435382212&sr=1-1&keywords=12v+5a+60w+dc+power+supply

Thanks

Steve

Output looks OK, the EQ5 will (should) just take the ampage that it requires and most people go for a bit higher, so 5Amp is OK.

The pins say centre positive and I belive that is what you need.

For the diameter you may need to make a small comversion up from a couple of components if the diameter is incorrect, I did  the same for one.

You would need female and male components of the appropriate size and a soldering iron.

I use the Maplin converters but as you are Cyprus I doubt that you have a convenient one out there.

L06BR

Looks OK and trhe price is good.

I would consider using a battery instead - having mains power outside even in a dry climate is fraught with risks.

I would agree with this you can of course use the adaptor indoors and feed the 12v outside but this would only be feasable for very short cable runs a small 12AH mobility scooter battery would be a minimum spec if you went for the battery option.

Alan

I have weather proofed mains voltage outside which I run a sand filter off of for the pool six months of the year so I'm not worried about that. All equipment comes inside every evening too. Just can't decide which option to go for regards to the mains adapters.

If I went down the battery route, what would I need to get. Cyprus won't be as easy to get one in but I know of a car battery shop that would help. What other cables would be required? Sorry, fairly clueless when it comes to electrics.

Thanks,

Steve

A leisure battery is the thing to have - they are made for low current over a long period and deep discharge - car batteries are made for massive current for brief periods and hate being deep discharged.

Any marina will sell leisure batteries especially the big 3 on the North coast and the big 3 on the south coast.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived