NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Waxing Moon

Beyond_Vision

Nice detail showing through there Kevin.

Small point though: has registax clipped the upper left edge of the moon off your frames? The transition looks a tad abrupt.

BTW: Did you select single or multi point alignment in registax, as personally it's done some weird stuff when I've let it do multipoint on a lunar image?

RB

Ahhh - well that explains it. ;)

How much tweaking of the "Wavelets" do you do in registax? -

Coz I'm sure the detail may turn out more crisp with a play, especially with the "top" slider - but of course it's down to your personal taste.

cheers

RB

Ahhh - well that explains it. ;)

How much tweaking of the "Wavelets" do you do in registax? -

Coz I'm sure the detail may turn out more crisp with a play, especially with the "top" slider - but of course it's down to your personal taste.

cheers

RB

I didnt tweak anything TBH I haven't used it that much so havent got into experimenting with the settings. I also tend to think that sometimes it can be a bit over processed if you do so. I have seen some images that look ok and seem to be more crisp and detailed but if you zoom in you can see that it is not natural.

Regards

Kevin

Archived