NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Looking forward to indian summer

Highburymark

Lunt 50 ordered - hoping for early August delivery, and looking forward to getting a bit more involved with the SGL solar observing forum......

It will also be interesting to see how my Pentax XF zoom performs with the new scope - not the greatest night time EP but lots of positive reviews among sun lovers.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your solar scope when you get it.  The people on this forum are very helpful so don't be afraid to ask.  If you wander what you're missing on the Sun while waiting for your scope, you can always go on GONG to see what is happening any minute of the day or night!

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the light side, I am sure August will be here before you know it. :laugh:

What focus range does the zoom have ? is it 8mm to 24mm

Congratulations on the purchase and welcome to the light side, I am sure August will be here before you know it. :laugh:

What focus range does the zoom have ? is it 8mm to 24mm

Thanks for all your posts.

Shaun - the Pentax zoom is 6.5-19mm - originally made for spotting scopes - suffers a bit from chromatic aberration at night, and certainly with my 6 inch scope loses a little sharpness at top magnification on the moon, which is why I bought the 6mm Delos. But has some amazing reviews for HA solar viewing on this site going back several years, so I'm hoping it will become pretty much my full time eyepiece for the Lunt.

I see you have the magic word "Leica" in your eyepiece collection - presume that's the Vario zoom - which seems to be one of the only zooms which offers top class performance no matter what you use it for.

Archived