Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thanks to all- Ha set up

jetstream

Right now I'm observing the sun in Ha @ 195x and with great clarity, the proms are taking a bit less. Seeing today is near perfect and the view through my 120ED is nothing short of amazing. Last year I wasn't even sure about anything to do with solar, period. It took me 6 months to decide that my carbon fiber 90mm wouldn't melt away with a wedge attached lol! :grin:

So here I am today, viewing Ha in a 120mm frac at almost 200x....it's been a process figuring this stuff out and I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way, too many to list, but thanks! Thanks for the patience...

The set up in use atm is a SW120ED/Baader Zeiss prism diag/Beloptic UV/IR cut/Quark chrom/Zeiss 25.1-6.7 zoom/Zeiss 1.25" adapter/Baader single polariser/Antares .5x reducer (@ about .8x).

It does matter where the polariser is placed (to my eyes) and the reducer is a must, and not before the Quark. The set up does not need an expensive zoom, as other good, less expensive EP's work well too. The zoom is a step up however, for sure.

Gerry

PS I wish you all could take a look through my scope right now! :smiley:

Nice one Gerry :smiley:  Its great to hear all is working well for you. I think you should sell me your 90mm SV even if your hands are glued to it :grin:  There is a TS version I might go for but I am considering the 100mm also.

Archived