Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

15.5" Binoscope

Anubis

I bet Lidl doesn't sell them! Quite a beast to move around the yard - noting the weight lifting belt that bloke was wearing! Very interesting though - thanks for posting that.

Something like that must guarantee rain for months! I loved the motorised binoviewer adjustment - Even a Nagler in the (optical) finder, too. A wonderful labour of love. I guess the (ahem) "weight lifter's corset" is mandatory for grab and go... ;)

I've seen this before. It's a bit special isn't it? I like the rear view observing position sandwiched between the tubes ;)

Looks like the primaries are collimated with those rod extensions on the tube sides - nice touch. I wonder how much of a problem it is to make sure the collimation on both tubes is synchronised ie. both optical paths pointing in the exactly the same direction. A 26mm Nagler in the finder?! - that's just showing off isn't it? - good for him :(

That is some set up! Yes, one would need to watch the old back muscles when moving that rig about. That guy must be a very accomplished engineer though, when you look at the close ups of the motors, mirror securing bolts, and that nifty focuser set up. The views must be quite stunning on a clear night. (I hope he doesn't have to move the rig far to put it away!

Good find on u-tube "anubis."

regards,

philsail1

Archived