Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best astronomy book

Hi fellow stargazers i have turn left at orion which is great to get started in astronomy i would now like to buy another book i have £30 to spend my main interests now are dso.any help will be greatfully recieved :)

thanks for the advice i have turn left at orion on my pc in pdf which is not really practical for observing so have just ordered the newest edition(spiral bound)for £20 and a red light tourch.

Couple of good one's are: Burnham's Celestial Handbook (old) which is great for general 'info' and learning about what you're looking at, Night Watch is kind of a good companion to Orion and is for beginners, Pocket Sky Atlas is a great star atlas that goes to 7.6mag. All of these can be had for about $15 each. 

I would recommend 'Objects in the Heavens' by Peter Birren which I have found to be totally invaluable. Being relatively new to astronomy it is a very straight forward user guide/fieldbook. I have the pocket sky atlas but I find 'Objects in the Heavens' much more accessible. Don't think I would have been able to find anything so far without it! :-)

Collins Atlas of the Night Sky by Storm Dunlop.

You can get a used hard back from Amazon for 10p + £2.80 postage.

This is one of the best Astronomy books you can get for observing, if I had to choose two books this would be one of them and the other would be Sky & Telescope's Pocket Atlas.

Avtar

Archived