Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

vertical line artifacts?

Hi all:

I have a few more avis of Jupiter that I had taken about a month or so ago.  This is the red channel....about 2400 frames taken with ASI 120mm via 9.25sct.  Ran through PIPP and AS2 then wavelets in R5.

I notice these vertical striation type artifacts after adjusting the top 2 sliders a bit.  Hope someone can advise what this may be caused by?

Thanks again

Cheers

Roger

post-2315-0-98548600-1434656617.png

Is it possible it is related to the alignment points used? 

Try reprocessing and see if the pattern of alignment points matches the pattern of rectangles.  The image is still very noisy for 2400 frames, so I wonder if each frame was so noisy that AS2 found no bright enough features to align.

Mark

I find if one pishes the wavelets too much all sorts of ofd things can appear. If you are needing tonpush the wavelets hard anyway, i've found this usually means the data wasn't great in the first place and most often related to poor focus or poor seeing - the two go hand in hand in my experience.

Can you upload the original data abi file to dropbox or somewhere and let other people have a go with it?

James

Thanks James....I'm somewhat of a Luddite when it comes to Dropbox anJup_110515_040353_R.txtJup_110515_040353_R_g3_b3_ap19.tifJup_110515_040353_R_g3_b3_ap17.tifd such....  However I ran the avi through AS!2 again.  This time I selected 40% and 70% to stack....normalized @60% and used AP size of 100 instead of 50.

Here is that data....without any wavelet application.  Hoping to find out what is going wonkey.

Cheers

Roger

Archived