Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Question About Attaching 2" LP Filter to 130P DS

Hi all, stupid question I know but I am going to order the 2" SW Light Pollution filter and I was wondering if I needed any other adaptors? I had a reply that a 58mm to 48mm Step Down is needed to attach the filter, but I was wondering if this is the only way.

I got the 130P DS so I attached my DSLR by unscrewing the 1.25" eyepiece adaptor and attach the camera to that piece. But I don't see anywhere that a 2" could screw to it, unless I am missing something obvious which I probably am.

On my 1.25" Baader filter I have either screwed it to my eyepiece or to the nose piece on my TouCam webcam. But I was wondering what I need so I can order the filter and whatever else all in one.

Thanks in advance.

It you are going to attach the camera T ring directly to the thread on the focuser, then I don't think you can attach a LP filter in the optical path.

You'll need a 2" focuser, with a 2" nosepeice connected to the camera T ring. similar to the way you attached the 1.25" filter to the webcam.

You can include a CLS filter in the light path if you go for the Clip version - this fits inside the camera. But the CLS filter is a LOT more money.

Ant

Thanks for the advice. I have tried focusing with a 1.25" nose piece attached to the camera and I can't focus in the 1.25" ep holder.

So I don't know if I can get a 2" nose piece to come to focus . Will have to try one. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. I have tried focusing with a 1.25" nose piece attached to the camera and I can't focus in the 1.25" ep holder.

So I don't know if I can get a 2" nose piece to come to focus . Will have to try one. Thanks.

You will need an adapter like this one that has a  thread for a 2" filter on the end.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/flo-2-inch-t-mount-camera-adapter.html

Remove the nose piece adapters completly, the above adapter will fit straight in the focuser. Make sure that the filter you purchase is 2" ie: has an outer diameter slightly less than 50.8mm (2") and has a 48mm thread .

Hope this helps

Archived