Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Filters for visual use?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does filter performance degrade over time?

Not that I've noticed. I owned my Astronomik O-III for around 3 years and it was used when I bought it. The coating technologies improve over the years though.

I think it's worth it Michael, I definitely saw an improvement moving from SW to Lumicon.

Hi, I did exactly the same, now all my filters are Lumicon, definately an improvement.  So well engineered as well.

Hi, I did exactly the same, now all my filters are Lumicon, definately an improvement.  So well engineered as well.

Cheers, might well look into that. Might be something to ask for my birthday (not any time soon). I first want to get a bigger F/6.5-F/7.5 (F/8 at a pinch) frac (achromat will do) as a big solar gun for H-alpha, Solar Continuum, and later CaK. The ES AR127 is the front runner at the moment

Cheers, might well look into that. Might be something to ask for my birthday (not any time soon). I first want to get a bigger F/6.5-F/7.5 (F/8 at a pinch) frac (achromat will do) as a big solar gun for H-alpha, Solar Continuum, and later CaK. The ES AR127 is the front runner at the moment

Oooooh, Michael, solar can be so expensive!

Archived