Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Today - another large detached prom, 7.20am

paulastro

Last night was awful here, torrential driving rain and high winds.  Awoke early to a calm  beautiful sunny morning at 6.30am.  Decided to take a quick look at the Sun in my PST, and boy was I pleased I bothered!  The snap below was taken with my Panasonic compact camera and a digiscoping adapter.  Apologies for the poor quality but it shows the extent of the detached prom, it was even better than the detached prom seen just two mornings ago on May 31st.

I observed it from approximately 7.20am to 7.45am and it was quite stunning visually, unlike my photo!  Did anyone else see it?

post-3007-0-20688200-1433237500_thumb.jp

Nice picture Paul. Sun out here early this morning but the wind is so strong afraid to open

the obsy roof. Maybe tomorrow the weather is supposed to pick up the next few days.

Thanks you for the compliments chaps.  The Sun is full of surprises today.  I went out twenty minutes ago and had my first look since this morning.  I nearly got blown away as the wind has got up strongly again since this morning. And blow me down with a feather, there it was, a fire-breathing dragon perched on it's back legs and spewing fire down onto the Sun's surface where it was bouncing back up again!!  :grin:   Well worth a look.

PS It's in about the same position as the detached prom was earlier, perhaps it will take off as well?!

Archived