Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Arduino development

Dave_D

Interesting... There s also Visual Micro for Visual Studio, which is what I use. It brings the entire Arduino stuff into VIsual Studio 2013, which is one of the better envirenments out there. It is free if you don't use their USB debugger.

/per

What is the benifit of each software?

I see Visual Micro enables online debugging, if i read it correctly, which would be very useful. I'll have to give it a go.

What is Embrios selling point is it the visual development side?

Most of the Arduino stuff I code doesn't require anything overly complicated but as I come from industrial automation background, plcs, i would love an arduino ide that did ladder or sfc.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The VisualMicro stuff lets you use proper editing tools and source code control with Team Foundation Server. The Arduino "IDE" is really just an over simplified Notepad without any bells and whistles. 

I am about to take a look at the Embrio stuff to see if I can make sense out of it.

/per

Well $9 ChIP with ARM A6 SoC, basically a tablet / mobile on a cheap PCB is coming out. The only thing Arduino has over it really would be low power and smaller footprint options.

Intel is also getting in on the bandwagon pushing Atoms on small hobby PCB's.  Not to mention Raspberry Pi's.

Hobby boards are now getting very powerful and cheap.

The advantage of a board like the arduino is the lack of complexity.

It's perfect for controlling small amounts of i/o.

I can pick up a micro arduino cheap with enough i/o for controlling the focuser or roll off roof and have it programmed in 30 mins.

It still has it's place.

The advantage of a board like the arduino is the lack of complexity.

It's perfect for controlling small amounts of i/o.

I can pick up a micro arduino cheap with enough i/o for controlling the focuser or roll off roof and have it programmed in 30 mins.

It still has it's place.

Absolutely, especially as sensors, but imagine the smart appliances that can be built with the ARM cpu :)

I can't cope with the darn configs and driver installs, my head explodes.

I've done a sheeva plug linux install before running various servers off of it but it was a pain.

I've got a homer simpson outlook to my control "light goes on" "light goes off" "ooh a squirrel"

Archived