Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Where has the sun gone ?

Pig

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its to late for solar for me now but the moon is out with the blue sky.... out I go :laugh:

Yep, the big Vixen is pointed moon wards right now. Rupus Recta looking very clear

Yes Stu... 375 x mag here and still quite light outside :smiley: I still cant find my illusive target that I once saw with the 9.25. I am starting to think I imagined it :smiley:

Seeing has been pretty rubbish here. As you say Dave, views have been like looking underwater! Very wavey!

I had a brief period of around 10mins when Jupiter looked pretty cracking, GRS central and plenty of detail visible. Outside that's it's been rubbish unfortunately.

Yes Stu... 375 x mag here and still quite light outside :smiley: I still cant find my illusive target that I once saw with the 9.25. I am starting to think I imagined it :smiley:

x375 which which scope Shaun?

Stu,

150mm (C6)SCT with 4mm SLV, a very small amount of atmospheric wobble. The 2.5mm SLV overcooked it somewhat and gave a very dull view, if I had stayed out until the conditions were dark enough it may have helped. 

The SCT's are a very good scopes for lunar.

I see we have a beautiful sunny morning just as I have to go to work !!!!!!  :smiley: at least it is only for a few hours and not the whole day, how typically annoying would that have been :laugh:

Shame Shaun, the seeing has gone downhill again today and ATM is worse than any time yesterday also lot's of high cloud drifting over, hoping it improves later.

Didn't seem to improve after dark last night, video on the Moon looked like a reflection in a puddle and Saturn was a washout.

Dave

Dave,

The sky looked very blue in Northants at times today and around midday it looked fantastic :smiley:

Its a shame about the Moon after dark last night as I had a half decent spell of very good seeing. I did have a quick look at Jupiter and it was pants :laugh: However, we have had some excellent views earlier in the year so I wont complain.

Archived