Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

High Flying Birds !

Hi All

Thought I'd have a go at the Pelican as Cygnus is getting a serious proposition now !

I have a lot of light pollution in Reading but if the night is clear throughout - I can leave the imaging run going through the night and capture some good subs when the object is quite high up.  It just so happens that the tracking on my rig gets better as the night wears on as well !  Anyhow I managed to sort around 9 good subs out after midnight until dawn on Thursday  night.  Their length was 1200s using the  little 130pds, NEQ6 and modded 1100D SLR.  I have standardised on using a castell UHC filter these days.

I have cropped it a bit to get rid of most of the coma at the corners - I will need to splash out one day on a CC.

Anyhow I hope you like it - comments welcome! (risky)!

Cheers

Ian

post-36401-0-52486400-1432411553_thumb.j

A remarkable bird is the Pelican

It's beak can shine more then it's belly can!

Well done. This is a very worthy image and Reading can't really be compared with the Atacama (other than in terms which might excite the word filter!) The target is still low so this is a demo of what's possible even in May.

Olly

Archived