Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M63 - The Sunflower Galaxy with New Scope

My first proper attempted with the new scope; a Skywatcher Esprit 120ED.  Taken from the back garden on Tuesday Night / Wednesday morning.  Consists of 9 x 5 minutes 1x1 Luminance and 9 x 4 minutes 2x2 RGB.  Flats and Bias applied, and the flats were absolutely required as there were loads of dust bunnies :(.  All processing done with PixInsight, and once more, huge thanks to Harry for the brilliant tutorial videos :cool:.

Not quite ready to do a review of this scope yet, or the Lakeside Astro Motor Focus (which is just fantastic, out and out five star bit of kit), think I need to a couple more sessions with it first, but a quick overview is great scope, but deep reservations about the flattener and how awful it is to attach the camera to the scope via the flattener :BangHead:  :BangHead:.

All comments welcome :)

M63-LRGB_zpsvwb7ewhq.png

Crop of Sunflower: -

M63-LRGB%20crop_zpsmyd44uij.png

Lovely Dave, wonderful colours, insoires me to chease this one down.

Did you use the morphological transformation routine in pixinsight to 'round off' those stars, Harry does a great tutorial if you didnt.

Lovely Dave, wonderful colours, insoires me to chease this one down.

Did you use the morphological transformation routine in pixinsight to 'round off' those stars, Harry does a great tutorial if you didnt.

I have only tried the basic Harry tutorials so far; but watched the Star Mask Vid last night and think I need to apply this to the image to 'dim' the stars back a bit.  Before doing this, I need to work out how to get the autofocus program working for the Lakeside as of the images I took, the stars were really sharp in the first few, but were a little out of focus in the last few.  Still happy with them, but if I can get them all looking like the first few, it has got to improve things :).

Archived