3x Barlow, which brand?

Hello, first post here, hope I'm posting in the right group for this.

I've just recently purchased a SkyWatcher 200 PDS second hand, and would like to do some planetary imaging with it. I've seen some great shots taken with a QHY5L-II camera, so I've ordered one of those. Now, I'd like to get a 3x Barlow lens to magnify it as much as possible, which one would be best suited for this purpose? The prices I've seen online vary wildly, so any suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks for reading!

Vinnie

For imaging, I can recommend the Meade 3x TeleXtender now sold as Bresser SA Barlow. They are more expensive, but absolutely excellent. The same optics also seem to be used on the Explore Scientific Focal Extender 3x. These 4-element lenses are not true Barlows, but really tele-centric lenses, which provide much better quality.

Thank you all. It definitely makes sense that you get what you pay for. I guess I was half hoping someone would point out an absolute bargain on a quality product, but paying around £100 on a quality element won't break the bank. Thanks for giving me some ideas on good brands to look out for!

For imaging, I can recommend the Meade 3x TeleXtender now sold as Bresser SA Barlow. They are more expensive, but absolutely excellent. The same optics also seem to be used on the Explore Scientific Focal Extender 3x. These 4-element lenses are not true Barlows, but really tele-centric lenses, which provide much better quality.

After some reading around the Bressers seem like the best option for me too. Can't be any worse than my Skywatcher one but from reading posts the Bresser SA gets great reviews. I will be adding one to the B'day shopping basket for sure unless someone has a better idea.

I own a Tal x3 and I rarely use it.

Archived