NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why wasn't I told it was raining?

Cloudwatcher

Left the scope set up outside whilst I downloaded some Moon images and checked what was happening on the Forum. Let the dog out to find it was tipping down. :( Set a new record disassemble time and whisk 60 lbs of gear indoors. Spent the last half hour drying everything off.

Think I'll take up stamp collecting!

CW

For us the local region ITV forecast has been horridly accurate for weeks - starry/cloudy/wet. It's done all three or combinations of the last two each night often alternating from one to the other in minutes before going back.

Last night was cloudy wet. Previous was cloudy -saw star - cloudy. The one before that we got out, lined the new scope up - pointed it at Saturn - and ran for cover with scope as over came the clouds and soon after - the wet. I think I would prefer just the one each night but this is the land of green grass and waterfalls so chin up CW!

Archived