Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 3628 11/04/08. Fortune doesn't necessarily favour the brave....

Whippy

I think I may have missed a trick here. After imaging M65/66 my thoughts turned doing a mosiac including the third member of the Leo Triplet NGC 3628. Last night was the first time I'd been able to get out since the M65/66 session and after a bit of dithering (the weather last night was so iffy!) I decided to have a go and hopefully the clouds will let me get some time in. Luckily I managed to get an hours' worth of data before the clouds rolled in but during one of the 10 mins subs, PHD decided to die so there's only 50 mins here. No matter I thought, even though the M65/66 shot has 81 mins of data, I'll mosaic it and if I get the chance, I'll get another 30 mins worth of the NGC and re-do it. But I think I've gone too far and missed any overlap for the two images! Not good :(. What with my rubbish south view (north facing garden) and the Moon, I'm not sure I'll be able to go back to this. Ah well, there's always next year...

Anyways, NGC 3628. 4x10 mins, 2x5mins. Atik 16hr with IDAS and IR cut filters on my WO ZS110 imaging, QHY5 and WO ZS66 guided by PHD. All on top of an EQ6 Pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

BTW, if anyone can identify the little object that looks mysteriously galaxy shaped to the left of 3628, I'd be interested to know!

5080_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Tony..

Thanks all ;), there is an overlap point for the two images (where the brightest star is) but this image has to be rotated by (I think) 60 degrees or so and whilst it worked, sort of, it looked completely rubbish so I didn't post it. Perhaps if I can get some time in later on next week before the Moon rises, I might have a second go at it and remember to get more of an overlap!!

Tony..

Archived