Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 21/04/2015

catman161

So this is the best of a bad bunch from the 21st. Seeing was poor and I am having to focus by hand as my JMI motofocus that I bought recently does not keep traction on the microfocuser knob of my feathertouch regardless of how it is setup. Luckily rother valley optics have been very reasonable in helping me with this and hopefully I'll be back focusing electronically soon. 

The below image was taken at 21:40 on the 21st April. It is the best 2500 of 5000 frames captured in Sharpcap 2 with an ASI120MC and Planeta 10 inch and AZEQ6. Processed in PIPP, registax for wavelets and PSCS2 for levels and curves etc. It is very noisy but try as I might in photoshop trying to sharpen and smooth/denoise it this is the best I can get it. 

Forecast is for clear skies tonight so I shall see if I can have one final go at jupiter before the season is well and truly finished 

As always comments/help welcomed :)

17276482431_18d1b09b50_s.jpgCapture 2015-04-21T21_40_30_pipp_g2_b3_ap25PSP by Gattouomo161, on Flickr

post-19290-0-92096100-1430060131.png

Like it...I was looking at the Planeta....have you done a review on it yet?

No I haven't reviewed it formally yet. If I am honest I am still getting used to it. I have only ever owned newts before and this scope is a completely different beast and requires a lot of setting up. I still haven't tweaked it to its best yet. I think after I have had it a while (it's a recent acquisition) I will consider doing a proper review. Right now I do not know enough about its "ins and outs" to do justice to a review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived