Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Massive prominences now

Gazabone

Just had a look and there is a big prominence at the 10 o clock position, thought that looked big. I then had a look further down and the one at 6 o clock dwarfs anything else I've observed! Going to try grabbing a photo or 3. If successful I'll post here later.

Thanks for that Gaza. I've been watching the Sun on and off all day today, and the prominence you mention is very nice indeed. It's subtle changes ary interesting to watch. At one time it looked like a big wave rolling up on the beach, and one end of it then became more fan shaped. I don't blame you if you don't agree with my interpretation - I have a vivid imagination! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that if anything dramatic is going to happen, it will happen before I lose the Sun - to cloud or Sunset.

I managed to bang of a couple quick shots; sorry the standard isn't anywhere near as high as many of the astrophotographers that post images on SGL but at least these photos give a reasonable impression of the size of the prominences;

I've not posted images on here so not sure I've done it right - guess I'll find out in a few moments when I read the thread.

Archived