Synscan Update - can't update to 3.37

Hi all,  I recently purchased an HEQ5 Pro with Goto Synscan.  Its a version 3 hand controller and came with version 3.27 firmware.  I thought I'd try and update to the latest version 3.37.  I have a serial to USB connector.  The SynScan firmware loader (v3.3) correctly identifies the handset but when I try to run the update it fails after erasing the Eprom.  After that the handset won't work.  I have tried several times but it won't seem to accept the update.

I then tried to restore 3.27 to the handset and that worked without any problems. so I'm back to a working handset with v 3.27 firmware.  

Although I'm not sure I need v3.37 it would be good to know that I can update it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and did they find a solution...........

Thanks (in advance)

Nigel

I've not encountered that and i've updated various handsets for people.

Not sure what to suggest. Have you tried different usb ports, and re-downloading the 3.37 update or from a different source?

Good luck.

James

Hi Nigel,

Apart from re-downloading the V3.37 firmware did you try using the lower speed install function?

The usual install rate is 115kbps but if you press the 'Setup' key after you plug in the handset power and turn it on it will set the rate to 9.6kbps. (you should see 'Lo' at the bottom right os the LCD screen).

It takes a few seconds longer to install but can often cure a repeated failure to load.

Worth a try.

Hope you resolve the problem.

Best regards.

Sandy. :grin:

Hi James and Sandy, The USB port should be fine as I managed to reload v3.2.7 firmware (I had spotted the speed options and I tried low, medium and high - none made any difference).  Good suggestion to try re-downloading  3.3.7 from a different source - will try that tomorrow.  Thanks both, Nigel

Not had this problem but I found 3.37 buggy. If you use the park function like I do it sporadically fails to start from park, a bug reported in v 3.36, supposedly fixed. I reverted back to v3.35 and it works perfectly.

• 1 month later...

I've just updated a HC from 3.33 to 3.37 first time no probs to use on the AZ-EQ6 I've just bought.

I was about to do my 3.27 for use on the HEQ5, but I'm not so sure now - is it worth upgrading or not really?

A quick search brough me to this thread, very recent and hopefully will answer the question.

Archived