Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EZPlanetary problems

Horwig

Have bought a QHY5L-IIC for an all sky camera, and using EZPlanetary to display it. Having fun with the camera drivers and/or the application.

The application will freeze, and when I close and re open, or as sometimes happens when I have to do an end process, it recognises that a camera is connected, but shows no picture from it. Trying the camera in PHD then gives a camera timeout error.
If I then unplug and replug the camera, it will work again for some time.

It's running on a Win 7 64 system, Driver is the latest version, so is the application.

Thanks

Huw

Have a look in your device manager, to see if the camera

is showing up, when it is plugged in.I have got a IMG132E

camera, which uses the same software. Same old  problem. 

Fire Capture will work with this camera. My camera does not

like the being left in the cold. It just stops downloading frames  

to the laptop. Nightmare.

Steve.

Hue,

As I have said in other threads.... One of the reasons that I am so interested in the developments of video cams and stand alone guiding cameras is the fact that no PC's are required.

I love my PC's when they do what I ask but some times they have a mind of their own.

This is why I cannot understand why so many projects that are displayed on various threads on this forum that depend on 'peripherals' such as rasp pi Arduino etc etc. Analogue control is still used in situations that are vital, I consider that in a power cut ( which is the best time to photo shoot since no light pollution) that my observing and recording are VITAL. Even with UPS you still only get 20 mins or so when no mains power, So doing away with pc control!  

and when I get around to making all sky thingy, I will go for video camera. One of the Watecs perhaps. Have a couple of them and they are good. The Phil Dyer cam is also very good and would be a serious contender.

Boyd

Archived