Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best Registax 6 wavelets tecniques????

Hi folks:

I am curious as to which wavelets settings in R6 work best for SGL members?  There seems to be a lot of formulas out in cyberspace, and I have been experimenting somewhat with different ones...some with pretty good results....some not so much.

Thanks again :smiley:

Roger

Thanks knobby

I am finding also those two working best for me....if I barely touch the others the image goes to contrasty/wonky.  Still trying to restrain my heavy handed tweaking though.

Cheers

Roger

It all depends on your image and the detail contained within it.  The first slider (No1) will sharpen the very finest details, as will No2 - but slightly less fine detail.  No's 3 & 4 are for moderate detail and 5 & 6 for sharpening larger areas.  However as I said it all depends on your image.  A tiny planetary image taken with perfect seeing may let you use sliders 1 & 2, however the same planet taken with a much longer focal length (ie bigger image) may require the mid or large sliders to pull out the details.

For the Moon you may find the No 5+6 sliders are all you need, anything finer will simply overdo the sharpening.

As they say - wavelets is very much an experiment with each image requiring its own unique settings.

I must admit that I now much prefer Lucy- Richardson deconvolution for Lunar sharpening.  Either using ImPPG or Astra-Image.  ImPPG here:  http://stargazerslounge.com/blog/1400/entry-1808-imppg-image-post-processor/  and Astra Image here:  http://www.phasespace.com.au/download.html   (you need the free 3.0 version).

As above , but note that the sliders can also go to the left a little , for my Solar/Lunar shots I usually knock the bottom three over to the left to eliminate the large radius sharpening and use the top two only .

Exact recipes are hard to specify as every set of data varies from day to day , generally a case of having a play really ...  :smiley:

Thanks again: :smiley:

I had posted these previously, but since then have tweaked some more in wavelets....is this too heavy handed and any suggestions for improvements?

I certainly appreciate all the help I have gotten from all you fellow SGL members/mentors....and many thanks!

Cheers

Rogerpost-2315-0-62954300-1428350698.jpgpost-2315-0-99838100-1428350723.jpg

Archived