NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51....Again

Sam

Here's another go at M51. I was planning on getting an hours worth of data - except the clouds had a different idea :(

This is 21 X 90 second exposures unguided with a canon 400D through an 8" Newt.

4936_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I'll have a go at reprocessing tomorrow I think - still haven't got the flats sorted.

Edit: I reworked it a bit now - darker back ground and a bit more detail in the galaxy.

cheers

Sam

That's an 'all round' very nice result Sam, especially for 90 sec unguided subs. You obviously have the mount well aligned, and its tracking very well.

Sometimes its difficult to know when to stop 'squeezing' an image, before the law of 'diminishing returns' sets in, but then the more you 'play around' with the processing, the better 'feel' you get for what you can and can't do.

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for your comments :( - I've think I've got the alignment sorted now - it's just the darks/flats and offsets to sort out now, and the processing.

cheers

Sam

Archived