Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WHY A 6" F/15 REFRACTOR?

I agree 6" f18 is great scope. I had one - folded - compact, light, convenient and virtually perfect optically.

If you are reading my response: The reason I liked your post is that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this old chestnut ('nut' being the operative portion of the word). I haven't laughed this hard in~at SGL in recent memory. Or any memory for that matter!

Beautiful.

Dave

(please don't make me go over the mean, old Event-Horizon for the rare issuing of my sense of mirth)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you talking about the Carl Zeiss originally belonging to St Andrews University and last seen by me in the hands of Rod Tippet in Derbyshire?

Olly

Edit, Eek, 2008. Not necessarily going to get an answer to this question!!

great name drop and scope history knowledge here Oli, made me chuckle.

My 6" f8 Achromat. is cumbersome, and it displays Chromatic Aberration as one would expect,

but I just love trawling the lunar landscape with it. Doubles bend to it's will too  :grin:.

My My, this is tacked on to an Old Thread .

2008??

Lots of folks ain't here anymore.

great name drop and scope history knowledge here Oli, made me chuckle.

Whose name am I dropping? Rod Tippet was in my Derbyshire club before I moved to France. I never met Carl Zeiss!!!! Rod and another member collected the dismantled Coudé from Scotland and the other member sold it to Rod. At this point I lost touch with them all, alas.

:grin: lly

I think it was the essence of the scopes origin from St Andrews that gave me the impression of a grand history and even grander gentleman owners of the scope...

Ment no disrespect if it was caused.. more a nod to the fact that there is a wealth of history and knowledge in the forum.

Ta

Fozzie

Archived