NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Solar Eclipse from Nottinghamshire this morning

billym44

Got on the road early, travelled down from Teesside. Had to move on a couple of times to keep ahead of the cloud bank but anyway these were my compilations.

But tell me can there be anything better than watching a solar eclipse and listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon?? 

post-42244-0-75321100-1426872927_thumb.j

post-42244-0-56219300-1426872928_thumb.j

We drove down from Teesside this morning as well, but went to Lincolnshire instead - we were lucky and got clear skies until just after the end of the eclipse. It was stunning, listening to the dawn chorus from the bird and the chill at maximum coverage was a bonus

We initially set up in a lay by, but a teacher from a local school stopped and asked whether we would like to instead set up in their car park with the school astronomy club. The offer of tea and coffee was the clincher, but it was great fun letting the pupils look through the telescopes and take eyepiece projection photos with their mobiles. Their enthusiasm and excitement was wonderful

HI there Nigel, wondered where you would get to today. Glad you had a productive time in Lincolnshire.

No telescopes involved in the shots. Just my Sony A77 with a 300mm zoom lens and a solar filter bought from Thousand Oaks Optical in the US.

All hand held as easier than trying to find the sun whilst using a tripod.

Money well spent I think.........

Archived