Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Do you use a Meade LX200 with an Orion Star Shoot Camera and live in the UK?

Thanks for the efforts Doug. May well take Soul Man's comments on board and go for a longer file but not sure if knobby is giving it a go in the meantime? Interested to hear the outcome if you are mate?

And then it's a question of where's the next clear sky coming from?

The one thing that's come out is that the raw data looks to be what you all expect so that's a small comfort. Why the processing then gives a problem is something else?

Many thanks to you all for the comments and assistance so far. Great bunch of lads!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok knobby many thanks for your efforts. So on the basis that the camera appears to be behaving (as does the scope) I'll go for longer runs of video and see what the outcome is.

Thanks to all for your time. I'll post another reply to this once I get the next version. Given the weather - goodness know when that will be!

Hi again knobby and Doug

Here's a link to Dropbox to a larger file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gld2u0yru6zafqn/Jupiter%20250315%20a.avi?dl=0

Taken on Wednesday this week. This was 5 minutes at 15 f/s although quite a few were "dropped" by the camera.

The GRS is visible but I've not had chance to process it myself properly. Wondered if you both fancied another challenge? Apologies in advance if dropbox takes a while. It did to upload the file!

Many thanks. Interested to hear your comments.

And a quick response to Michael. I've checked collimation. All looks pretty good. Maybe not bang on 100% but as close as to think my ham-fisted attempts to improve may have the opposite effect!

Bill

Hi both,

Thanks for those attempts, which aren't much different from the one I got this afternoon.

The question is then, with an 8" LX200 and this Orion Star Shoot Camera IV should the end results be better than this? And if so we come back to the original question, is it the scope or the camera?

If one of you fancied a bit more involvement I'd be happy to post the camera and software to you for you to give it a whirl. The camera came with the scope when I bought it so no great value attached to the camera, but if I'm contemplating investing later this year, ready for next winter's skies, I'd like to be sure it's not the scope that's the limiting factor.

So one way to reduce the options is for someone else to try the camera with a scope that's known to be ok and produces good images.

Any takers? If so we can also PM each other.

Many thanks for your efforts and time so far

Bill

Archived