Eyepieces for my new toy :)

I recently received the sky-watcher skyliner 8' dob for my birthday (after many months of persistent nagging) I've got a selection of average eyepieces but am in the market for a 6mm and wondered if anybody had any suggestions? I don't have mountains of money sadly but looking for something fairly decent. thanks in advance.

6mm often means planets and the 6mm that gets mentioned often is the William Optics 6mm Planetary.

What f number is the scope?

WO tended to recommend f/6 or slower, but the general reports are usually good for the 6mm planetary and I presume that many use it on f/5 200P's.

The Skyliner 200mm is 1200mm in f/length so an f/6 focal ratio. I believe the William Optics SPL 6mm ep would be the best for this scope, a very comfortable ep to use with good eye-relief and will give an optimum mag of 200x, great for planets and Moon.

I thought WO 6mm without a bundle of cash never.... How wrong can you be £69 from FLO. Puts it just beyond the BST & Excels for a quality ep. Good suggestion from the posters above. Also into the melting pot 6mm TMB Planetary II. :embarassed:

All I can suggest (using  the same scope) is do not rush for a 6mm Delos too quickly like I did.

Explore Scientific do an 82 degree 6.7mm which would be much more cost effective, with a wider view, and very decent optics.

http://www.365astronomy.com/Explore-Scientific-Eyepieces/

And try to go for something around 30mm for wide field (or the 24mm 82-degree mentioned above)

I have the 42mm revelation and the exit pupil is too big at around 7mm.

I also have the 24mm 68 degree MaxVision and I often need a wider field of view.

Something in the middle is required.

The 34mm MV68 / or 24mm 82 should work well for wide field viewing.

Archived