Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More Quark Updates

Pig

I have had quite a lengthy spell with the Quark today and have been having a play around with the heat settings and trying out another eyepiece.

When I first used the Quark I didn't see much of a difference when changing the heat settings. However, today it has made quite a difference, I have been keeping the positional indicator in the centre but today I moved it backward or left 3 places and it made quite a difference and brought out some excellent detail on both the proms and surface features......When moving it back past the centre and 3 places to the front / right there was a slight degradation so I changed it back and left it for the duration.

I also swapped the TV 32mm plossl for the 25mm Vixen SLV and once I achieved the best focus I was very impressed, it clarity was on a par with the TV despite being higher mag but one thing that is a plus is the SLV is a lot more forgiving on the eye positioning and was a joy to use. I did notice a bit of a reflection caused by stray light but when I shrouded the light out it disappeared... I did not notice any with the TV

I am thinking of getting a SW Esprit Pro 80mm as the focal Length is 400mm and the F-Ratio falls within the Quark guidelines, this should help reduce the magnification and hence aid a 25mm SLV.  Can anyone think if this would be a bad Idea based on their experience or indeed if there is reduced  focal length  scope alternative ?

Thank you Michael :laugh: my equinox 80 is very similar to the 80 Ed I believe.

I do want to be able to keep a dual set up so I can view Ha and white light simultaneously and I do love the shorty fracs :grin:

I do prefer the weight of the 80mm over the 100mm, I am just thinking along the lines that the 400mm focal length of the Esprit will fit a full disc easily into the FOV... my only concern would be achieving focus :laugh:

I just hit the go button on an immaculate TV102... I'm thinking this should hopefully be a nice scope to use with the Quark. No delusions of obtaining full disk views like in the TV76, but should hopefully be a nice step-up in resolution. Should hopefully pick it up tomorrow!

Archived