Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

quick dash out

algol

so just happened to glance out the door at about quarter past 11 last night and saw stars visible. :shock:

anyway we'd landed in a gap between the clouds, now it wouldn't stay clear long enough to get scope out by the looks of it so i dashed out with the :rolleyes:.

not a bad quarter of an hour, i spotted ophiucus and after much effort to star hop i found libra in the lp murk.

my favourite bit though was again finding the keystone of hercules and tracing around it now that it had climbed out of the smoggy area it was in a fortnight or so back. and there was M13 a grey circular area about a quarter of the way down the upper right side of the keystone.

also checked lyra rather optimistically hoping to glimpse m57, but no luck.

apparently it's gonna be clear here tonight till 5 in morning so i feel i should get the scope on m13 and see whether i can see the ring too.

anyway cheers for reading a rather long post :wave:

Steve

The best Ive seen M 13, it was spectacular, it was a big white blob with specks of gold and blue sprinkled through it. The blue specks worried me as I thought that Globs were made of yellow stars but a recent TV program explained that sometimes in globs stars collide and combine to form blue supergiants. I still may have be imagining it or it could have been an atmospheric effect but who knows.

I cant see the ring nebulae with a 40mm ep in a 10" dob but I can see it clearly with a 20mm. Its one of my favorate objects

Archived